Bishop Blesses New Police Station
Bishop David Malloy traveled the new District Two Police Station in Rockford, blessing it from top to bottom during a ribbon cutting and open house on Jan. 25. The former Turner School, built in 1898, was most recently used as an abortuary. Following years of protests and prayer, it was closed by the State in 2011 for numerous health code violations.
Members of the community toured the structure, some pausing to thank the bishop for his words of blessing. He is pictured here with his bottle of holy water outside of the station's Chaplain's Office, which he called a very important place.