Saturday, October 21, 2017
9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
St. Rita Parish, Rockford
“Conversion and vocation are two sides of the same coin.” ~Pope Francis
The Hundredfold Workshop is a large-scale diocesan event to help create a culture of vocations in the Diocese of Rockford. The half-day event will re-ignite our focus on vocations—to marriage, family, priesthood, and religious life—which flow from our baptismal call to discipleship. Practically speaking, the workshop will focus creating a parish-based Vocation Ministry to educate and inspire adults and young people.
Who Should Attend
All Catholics interested in helping to promote vocations are invited. In particular, this includes lay leaders such as Parish Council Presidents or catechists, as well as those with an official capacity, such as priests, deacons, sisters, parish staff, DREs, Catholic school staff and faculty, youth ministers, campus ministers, etc.
Free to Attend
There is no cost to attend the workshop. Lunch is provided.
Rhonda Gruenewald is the author of Hundredfold: A Guide for Parish Vocation Ministry. Based in Houston, Rhonda has been invited by many bishops to help start vocation ministries in their dioceses. Audiences love her charm, wit, and wisdom—not to mention her practical know-how about reaching young people with a pro-vocations message. Come learn how you can be part of creating a “culture of vocations” in the Diocese of Rockford!
Learn How to Promote Vocations
Participants will hear engaging presentations and collaborate with others:
- What is a Vocation Ministry and why do we need one?
- What is the vocations message young people need to hear?
- How do we start and sustain our efforts to promote vocations?
Participants will create a concrete plan for their parish:
- Assess your parish’s current efforts to promote vocations
- Choose realistic activities in the areas of Prayer, Education, Youth, and Affirmation
- Discuss how to celebrate various dates such as National Vocation Awareness Week
- Set goals and leave with a plan to get started!
“This will be a terrific day for our diocese as we unveil plans to inspire a new generation of men and women to serve the Church!
-Fr. Keith Romke, Vocation Director