Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
I write to you at a moment of profound challenge to the citizens of the State of Illinois. In recent weeks Democrats in the Illinois House and Senate, following the examples of other states, have introduced bills that, if passed and signed, would expand attacks on the life of the unborn through abortion while, at the same time, attacking the rights of conscience and the rights of parents of a minor child or of an adult mentally or developmentally disabled child seeking an abortion...
Read entire letter: English | Spanish
- Click here to email your state House and Senate lawmakers and urge them to vote “no” on these bills
- Fact sheet on HB 2467/SB 1594 | Fact sheet on HB 2495/SB 1942
- Summary of information regarding abortion in Illinois
- Bulletin insert in English, Spanish and Polish
- Diocese of Rockford Life Advocacy Day at the Illinois Capitol in Springfield, hosted by the Catholic Conference of Illinois – March 20